Thursday, February 2, 2012

Monday: More orientation classes. Pretty interesting. We talked about shopping and clothes. I like my orientation group, more or less. I think I might be “stupid-questions-kid.” But it’s all relative, right? Because there is one girl who might be worse than me. She asks questions, but usually, I think they are to show that she knows everything. My questions may be dumb, but they’re honest. I wish I hadn’t forgotten everything from my first three years of Spanish. Also, I must pause for a moment to talk about my orientation professor. I assume that he will never read this so…his name is Antonio and I think most of the girls in my class have a little crush on him. He’s pretty funny. And he has a “moto!” (MoPed). It’s pretty funny. When he told us about his “moto,” all of the girls did that awkward smile-giggle thing. Incidentally, after we talked about clothes in class on Monday, we were supposed to take turns describing people in the class. We ran out of time, so he had the last girl describe him. Of course, giggling once again ensued. I appreciate my class, I guess is what I’m trying to say. After class, we had comida (lentejas, I think, if I have my days in order). Lentejas is a lentil soup…so far one of my favorite foods here. Although, I pretty much like everything. Food. I mean, yes. Please. We had language placement exams in the evening: a written portion and a grammar portion. It was pretty bad. Haha. I forgot EVERYTHING! Afterwards, I ended up running into a few IES people and we went for tapas at La Buena Vida, near IES. Not only were these free, but we also got to pick. I had hummus, a tuna thing, and bread with honey and goat cheese. Pretty cool. Also, tinto de verano (red wine, usually pretty cheap-often boxed-with Fanta Limon). I think maybe more stuff happened on Monday, but I don’t really remember. This is precisely why I need to blog more than once or twice a week.
...continue...

1 comment: