Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tuesday: First, I guess I should address breakfast. I actually don’t know if I have talked about that. If so, please skip this. Nicole and I eat breakfast before going to school. I don’t know what most people eat for breakfast. I usually either eat…a horrendous amount of food; ham, eggs, chai from Panera... Or nothing at all. Here, we eat toast. With olive oil. Nutella is an option. So is strawberry jam. Can I emphasize Nutella, please? I LOVE NUTELLA. And lucky for me, I don’t miss peanut butter. I also have café con leche. (Coffee, milk, +sugar, for me, of course.) Usually orange juice. And a yogurt. Lots of food, but not as much protein as I’m used to. I think I am starting to get used to it. For class, we talked about…FOOD! I love food. :) A lot. Naturally, during the “descanso” (break), I was hungry from all the food talk, so I bought a coffee and toast with cold tomato spread. Love it. After class, Nicole, Eric (another IES student, lives with a neighbor), and I walked up the huge hill for comida. Pause. Okay, I’m complaining a little about this hill. I am SOOO lazy at home, I pretty much don’t do anything strenuous. So naturally, walking up a hill/small mountain while hungry is crazy exhausting for me. However, considering the amount of bread (and food, in general) that I’ve been eating since I got to Spain, I would also like to take a moment to be thankful for the hill of pain. I will refer to it as “La Cuesta” after this, though (since it is actually called “La Cuesta de San Antonio”). Comida. Yeah! We had pasta with cream sauce and ham. Love it! And salad! I don’t know whether I should be embarrassed or excited, but Jose Manual (my padre) switched the salad bowl for my plate towards the end of lunch. And he sometimes calls me “a little rabbit” now. Awesome. I walked back to IES for a meeting about volunteering and then tried the WiFi at IES. It’s pretty great. I don’t even have to sit in a stairwell to use it. Haha. And I went shopping. I looked for a yarn store and a book store with religious books. I found both; I successfully purchased yarn. I was not so successful at the book store. I told the woman I needed a Missal and she didn’t understand. I saw a Magnificat, but the only had it for March, so I asked if she knew where I could find one for February. It was very stressful, she didn’t understand, and I started crying. Haha. But it was alright. I met people from IES to talk to La Cartuja—an area for playing futbol on the University of Granada campus. IES vs. U of G students. I watched, of course. Pretty cool.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment